The Balenciaga Shoulder Bags Buying Guide
From couture to accessories, Balenciaga is famous around the world for its impeccable standards, contemporary designs and ability to influence the direction of fashion trends. Headed up by creative director Alexander Wang, this innovative designer upholds a long legacy of revolutionary and experimental collections featuring exaggerated proportions and striking silhouettes. In every beautiful color and size imaginable, Balenciaga shoulder bags are coveted by cool girls around the world. Versatile and undeniably beautiful, these are bags you will want to wear every day.
Worldwide fashion label Balenciaga is known for its commitment to creating high-quality fashion pieces that encapsulate luxury life. From the B Dot to the Sharp, Classic City, and Everyday styles, the Parisian house’s handbags are typically made from high-quality leather and are sought-after for their contemporary-cool aesthetic. Alongside muted colors, you can buy the brand’s bags in eye-catching bold colors, logos, and patterns. Read on for Balenciaga shoulder bags buying guide, which will help you decide on the bag to invest in and how to keep it looking its best.
The Most Wanted Balenciaga Shoulder Bags
Balenciaga Classic City Shoulder Bags
The Classic City shoulder bag is an all-time Balenciaga classic. With high-shine metal hardware, zipper top, and exterior pockets, the bag’s removable and adjustable shoulder strap allows for styling versatility. The interior lining is made out of cotton-canvas, and the detachable leather-encased mirror and hand-braided top handles add a signature touch. Balenciaga’s Classic City shoulder bag is available in a range of different colors, and comes in the original, small and mini sizes.
Balenciaga Everyday Shoulder Bags
Made in Italy, Balenciaga’s Everyday shoulder bag is sleek and simple. It's ideal for shopping, having lunch with friends, or popping out for cocktails. Made from the softest calfskin, it features a zipped top, and an embossed Balenciaga hardware logo. As well as the Everyday shoulder bag, the label reworks this model into tote, backpack and fanny packs shapes. Choose from classic black, to pink, white, yellow and leopard-print designs.
Balenciaga Ghost Shoulder Bags
Free from bold embellishment and statement branding, Balenciaga’s Ghost shoulder bag embodies modern minimalism. The structured silhouette is expertly crafted in Italy from premium leather, and is accented with a discreet push clasp closure and aged-gold hardware. There is a back pocket and an inside zipped pocket for smaller essentials, and an adjustable leather strap with belt buckle so you can wear it over the shoulder or cross body.
How To Care For Your Balenciaga Shoulder Bags
To get the most value for money out of your Balenciaga shoulder bag, you'll need to take care to maintain it. This will help your investment bag to stand the test of time and to keep its shape. We always recommend following the care instructions that come with your bag.
• When you’re not wearing your bag, store it in the dust bag provided and in a dry place at room temperature.
• Avoid getting your bag wet, and try to protect it from rain and snow. This goes a long way in preventing the leather from staining. You can always use a specialist spray protector to help safeguard it from bad weather. It’s also wise to keep your bag out of the sun, to minimize the likelihood of the leather cracking.
• To clean your Balenciaga shoulder bag, use a soft damp cloth and wipe any dirt or dust away. If you have a stain that's harder to remove, use a specialist leather cleaner. Place a small amount on a soft cloth and test it on a hidden part of the bag first (you'll want to double-check the cleaner doesn’t change the color of the bag). If all goes well, rub it into the stain in a circular motion. Then, let the bag air dry away from direct heat.
• After cleaning, rub a small amount of leather conditioning cream into your bag to keep the leather soft, supple, and long-lasting.
- What materials are Balenciaga bags made from?
Balenciaga bags are made out of real leather that can look distressed in appearance. Each bag is a one-off because the leather starts to change its look over time. It means your bag is unique and personal to you. Balenciaga bags are typically made from calfskin or lambskin, which wear well and lined either with lambskin or canvas cotton. If you’re keen your bag has a particular lining; be sure to check the bag description thoroughly before buying.
- Do Balenciaga shoulder bags have serial numbers?
All Balenciaga bags come with a unique serial number embossed onto a leather tag inside the bag. Some bags have a metal plate on with a serial number on it, this will have a letter at the end of the number. The letter represents which season the bag was produced and which color it is. Balenciaga works backward through the alphabet. This serial number ID system is a simple way to authenticate your bag.
- Where are Balenciaga bags made?
Although the Balenciaga fashion house was started by Spanish designer Cristobel Balenciaga, the brand is now owned by French company Kering. Balenciaga bags all carry the “MADE IN ITALY” stamp on them.