Donna Karan worked for Anne Klein before establishing her own brand in 1984. The first DKNY store opened in London ten years later. The American brand quickly became known as the go-to for modern staples with each collection made up of Seven Easy Pieces to make creating a capsule closet easy. Donna Karan was inducted into the City Hall Of Fame in 1984 and presented with the Lifetime Achievement Award by the CFDA later in 2004. DKNY jackets are contemporary and luxurious. From stylish fringed faux-leather jackets and sleek blazers, to quilted jackets and varsity jackets, there's a style for every occasion. Explore this covetable edit of DKNY jackets and complete every ensemble with a double dose of style.
The DKNY Jackets Buying Guide
Contemporary and luxurious, women’s DKNY jackets epitomize the urban spirit behind street fashion flawlessly. Starting her own label in 1984, Donna Karan’s DKNY has quickly become the go-to fashion house for modern staples and her covetable collection of jackets is no exception. Discover chic fringed faux leather coats, sleek blazers, quilted styles and varsity jackets. Show off your sense of elite fashion tastes with a jacket from DKNY this season. Ahead, our women’s DKNY jackets buying guide will help identify the right style to suit your tastes, find your size, and learn how to take care of your jacket.
The Most Wanted DKNY Jackets
DKNY Sport Logo Padded Jackets
DKNY’s brand-new active collection shows off the label’s sporty side. The DKNY Sport Logo Padded Jackets come in various colorways, including white, black and pink, with printed branding to the back for a standout finish to your ensemble. Other features include padded interiors, elasticated cuffs and hems, full zip fasteners with pop button overlays.
DKNY Leather Jackets
It’s official. Leather jackets have reached another level of chic that’ll last a lifetime. From blazer styles to shearling-lined coats for colder days, the DKNY Leather Jacket caters to the modern woman, coveted for its quality. It’s a new-season necessity.
DKNY Packable Jackets
Go for a sporty style with the packable jacket from DKNY, designed with a nifty inner bib and an attached hood to help keep the elements at bay. Lightweight and packable, these jackets make the perfect on-the-go layering pieces and fit neatly into a carry-on for a weekend getaway or in your desk-side drawer in the office.
The DKNY Jackets Sizing Guide
DKNY jackets are available in sizes XP-P-L, and you can use the DKNY jacket size chart below to see typical measurements of each size.
Please be aware that clothing sizes do vary, and larger sizes may be needed for certain styles. The chart shows women’s body measurements in inches.
|Letter Size||Numeric Size||Bust|
How To Care For Your DKNY Jackets
Washing your DKNY jacket depends on what it’s made from. Women’s DKNY jackets come in nylon, polyester, leather and melton wool fabric, with most made from nylon and polyester.
The majority of DKNY jackets include care instructions, but you can follow the below basic guidelines to keep yours in great condition.
• Nylon and Polyester DKNY Jackets
- Ensure you wash your nylon jacket with similar materials and colors. Or, simply wash the jacket on its own.
- Select a gentle cycle on your machine and be sure to choose a warm temperature setting. You don’t want it to be too hot or cold.
- It’s best to use a gentle, bleach-free detergent.
- Let the wash cycle finish.
- As soon as the wash finishes, remove your nylon jacket and shake it out to straighten it.
- Leave to air dry.
• Leather Jackets
- You can remove slight marks like make-up, dust and dirt using a light, soft sponge and some soapy water.
- Dirt often builds up underneath collars and cuffs, so pay special attention to these areas.
- Rub the soapy water on the blemished parts. Use gentle motions and avoid rubbing or soaking it.
- Make sure you don’t over-soak your leather jacket, as this can cause harm.
- Once you’ve removed the light marks with water, soak up any excess water and soap with a dry, clean cloth.
- Leave to air dry – away from artificial heat.
- If your leather jacket looks tired and worn, apply a little leather upholstery spray, polish or wax using a soft cloth.
- How do you wash a DKNY jacket?
Washing your DKNY jacket depends on what it’s made from. If it’s made from polyester and nylon, make sure you wash it with similar colors and fabrics – or simply on its own. Use a mild wash cycle and warm temperature setting. Be sure to use a mild detergent only, preferably one that’s bleach-free. For full cleaning instructions, please see above.
- What are DKNY jackets made of?
Women’s DKNY jackets are made from a range of fabrics. For example, the Black High-Shine Faux-fur-trim Puffer Coat is made from polyester with faux fur trims while the Black Longline Puffer is made from polyester and duck down. The Leather Motorcycle Jacket, on the other hand, is crafted from genuine leather.
- Do DKNY jackets run big or small?
DKNY jackets tend to fit very closely to the size chart above, so for a good fit, please go by these measurements.