For all-American glamour and sophistication, look no further than world-renowned designer Michael Kors. Whether it’s a roomy shoulder bag detailed with the iconic logo, or a classic leather bag offset with luxurious hardware, they're worth the splurge and deserve a spot in your collection. Michael Kors has every style covered in this range of shoulder bags.
The Michael Kors Shoulder Bag Buying Guide
Michael Kors’ collection of shoulder bags demonstrates the American label’s innate sense of glamour and an unfailing eye for timeless chic. There are subtle seasonal updates on the brand’s most iconic pieces such as the Mercer and Lexington, as well as contemporary studded designs and logo-print iterations. Read on for our Micheal Kors shoulder bag buying guide, which will help you decide on the styles to invest in and how to care for them properly.
The Most Wanted Michael Kors Shoulder Bags
Michael Kors Lillie Shoulder Bags
Michael Kors combines everyday functionality with timeless glamour in its Lillie Shoulder Bag. Crafted from pebbled leather, this softly structured piece is accented with the brand’s moniker in silver-tone hardware. It opens to reveal two snap compartments and a center zip pocket, and secures with a magnetic snap closure. Available in a range of colors, the Lillie also comes in a flap messenger shape.
Michael Kors Mercer Gallery Shoulder Bags
Designed in a contemporary bucket bag silhouette, the Michael Kors Mercer Gallery Shoulder Bag is compact enough to carry every day yet spacious enough to fit all your essentials. Made from pebbled leather and stamped with the ‘Michael Kors’ logo, the slouchy design has an unlined interior, drawstring interior and three inside pockets, Choose from black, army green and soft pink, or bright red and chambray blue.
Michael Kors Raven Shoulder Bags
Accented with the brand’s signature gold-tone hardware and made from softly pebbled leather, Michael Kors’ Raven Shoulder Bag has seasonless appeal. Available in a wide selection of colors, the interior boasts a key fob, zip pocket, four slip pockets and a center zip compartment for easy organization. Carry yours by the generous shoulder straps.
How To Care For Your Michael Kors Shoulder Bags
Michael Kors bags are constructed from a variety of leather and fabrics, with each requiring different levels of care.
- The brand has created its own Leather Cleaner to be used on its bags that are made from saffiano or pebbled leather. Not designed to be used on suede or nubuck leathers, it can be worked into the leather to preserve and polish your bag.
- Formulated exclusively for Michael Kors leather, suede and fabric products, the brand’s Rain & Stain Protector will help lengthen the life of your bag and protect its appearance.
- How can I tell if my Michael Kors bag is real?
All Michael Kors products will be made from premium materials and expertly crafted to the brand’s exacting standards, and therefore bags that feature discolored hardware, poor quality fabrics and uneven stitching are usually counterfeit. If you are still unsure if your Michael Kors bag is real or not, there are other ways to know for sure:
- Authentic Michael Kors products are sold by Michael Kors retail and outlet stores, as well as authorized department stores, retailers and specialty stores.
- The brand often uses saffiano leather for its bags, and this is known for its rigid, criss-cross finish, If a Michael Kors bag states that it is made from saffiano leather but it is soft, slouchy or unstructured, this indicates that it is fake. It’s worth noting that not all of the brand’s are made from this type of leather, and it is usually indicated within the individual product description or on the bag’s care label.
- A Michael Kors bag will usually come with either the ‘MK’ in a circle logo, or the ‘Michael Kors’ logo. All logos on authentic bags will be perfectly centered, and made from heavy, substantial hardware.
- Do Michael Kors bags have a warranty?
Michael Kors does offer a two-year limited warranty for its range of shoulder bags, if the bag is purchased in Europe from a Michael Kors retail or online store and you have a proof of purchase.
It is worth noting that any variations in color and texture are a natural occurrence on bags crafted from premium tanned leather. The leather will develop a rich and unique patina over time, and is not a manufacturing defect.
The Michael Kors bag warranty does not cover damages caused by misuse, accidents or dye transference, or if any alterations or repairs have been made by anyone but Michael Kors.
- Are Michael Kors bags made from leather?
Most Michael Kors bags, such as the CeCe, Whitney and Downtown Astor shoulder bags, come in leather. Leather finishes include pebbled, burnished, quilted and saffiano for a luxurious look and feel. Depending on the collections, some pieces may also come in logo-print coated canvas, or even a mix of the two.