Known for its expert craftsmanship and superb fabrics, Belstaff's jackets are a popular choice with men across the globe. Using innovative water-resistant techniques and wax cotton for the highest quality shells, Belstaff looks to the military and motorcyclists for its inspiration. Combining durability with practicality, comfort and style, a Belstaff jacket will make a timeless investment in your outerwear closet. Opt for the Weybridge by day, leather Falmouth by night and the Fairsted for sub-zero conditions.
The Belstaff Jacket Buying Guide
Steeped in British heritage, Belstaff is renowned for its iconic outerwear. The contemporary luxury brand delivers a wide selection of jackets, which takes inspiration from motorsports and aviation. Including everything from waxed, leather and water-repellent jackets to field, biker and quilted designs, the collection combines premium materials with refined silhouettes and rugged appeal. Ahead, take a look at our men’s Belstaff jacket buying guide, which will help you narrow down the styles that work best for you and find the size you should go for.
The Most Wanted Belstaff Jackets
Belstaff’s Trialmaster Jackets
One of the brand’s most recognizable styles, Belstaff’s Trialmaster Jacket was first created to keep motorcycle riders protected from mud, rain and cold during the Scottish Six Days Trial. It’s crafted from durable 6 oz. waxed cotton, and comes with plenty of pockets, underarm ventilation, and a signature Belstaff checked cotton-twill lining. Corduroy lines the collar, cuffs and hem, and the belt at the waist easily adjusts for the perfect fit.
Belstaff’s Outlaw 2.0 Leather Jackets
Belstaff’s Outlaw 2.0 Leather Jacket is a classic investment that will hold up well over time. Expertly crafted from hand-waxed leather, it has an artisanal finish and a hard-wearing, water-repellent coating. The slim-fit silhouette is complemented with multiple pockets, a checked cotton-twill lining and a café racer-style collar with a press stud closure.
Belstaff’s Dual Parkas
Available in a range of colors, Belstaff’s Dual Parka is made from Oxford nylon for a lightweight, waxed effect. The protective hood features an adjustable drawcord, while the collar comes with a buckle-fastening throat latch for added protection against wind chill. Designed for a relaxed fit, it’s finished with zip pockets and snap-button cuffs.
The Belstaff Jacket Sizing Guide
The brand uses European sizes for its line of jackets, and you can use the chart below to convert your usual size into Belstaff sizing.
For example, if you typically wear a UK/US 38 or a size medium, then you should take your Belstaff jacket in a size 48.
How To Care For Your Belstaff Jacket
Proper care and treatment of your Belstaff jacket will ensure its longevity. However, this will depend on the material it is made from, and we would always recommend following the care instructions found on the label in every product.
- If your Belstaff jacket is crafted from waxed-cotton, then frequent cleaning is recommended to remove any dust and dirt that can cause premature wear and to enhance the appearance. This will also prevent any dirt build-up from becoming stains. To clean, sponge with cold water or gently brush off any ground-in dirt with a soft bristled brush before rinsing. Hang to dry for at least 24 hours, and then reproof after washing to bring back its original water-resistant finish.
- The brand recommends that you do not dry clean, tumble dry, machine wash, iron or bleach your leather or waxed-cotton jacket. This will damage or remove the proofing on waxed-cotton styles and may void the warranty.
- To clean the brand’s leather jackets, it is advised to use a soft brush to remove any dust. Use cold water and a mild soap to sponge down the outside of the jacket. Remove any soap residue with cold water. Remove any excess water with a sponge to prevent water marks.
- Apply a quality leather conditioner to enhance water resistance on your leather jacket, and to keep the leather strong and looking like new. If it does get wet, allow it to dry naturally.
- In the unlikely event that a Belstaff jacket does not meet the brand’s high standards, they do carry a 24 month guarantee from the date of purchase when bought from Belstaff retail stores and the brand’s online website. Belstaff also offers after care services, such as zip replacements and missing studs.
- How do I know if my Belstaff jacket is real?
To ensure authenticity, the brand recommends only purchasing your jacket through Belstaff retail and outlet stores, as well as authorized retailers and department stores. A list of official stockists can be found on the Belstaff website.
- Are Belstaff jackets true to size?
Generally, Belstaff jackets do run true to size. However, whether you take your regular size or size up or down will depend on how you want it to fit. The Trialmaster jacket is designed for a loose fit, but if you prefer a slim fit you will need to take a size down. The Outlaw 2.0 leather jacket is cut to a slim silhouette, and you will need to take a size up if you prefer a more relaxed look.
- Are Belstaff jackets water repellent?
The brand offers a wide selection of water-repellent jackets. This includes high-spec technical nylon designs such as the Instructor Jacket, as well as versions of the Trialmaster, Racemaster, Quayside, Brookstone and Wing.