With a mission to become the global leader in leather, Bally is the luxury footwear brand whose company name has become a byword for Swiss luxury. Founded in Switzerland in 1851, Bally started with two brothers, Carl and Fritz Bally, manufacturing shoes by hand. Now, the company is known for its high quality pieces, created in the finest leather, that are as functional as they are chic. With their selection of men's sneakers, Bally has brought an understated elegance to footwear-blending traditional designs with contemporary styles to create something that combines the cutting edge details with an ageless style.
The Bally Sneakers Buying Guide
The notion of past-meets-present and elegant craftsmanship is at Bally’s heart, resulting in a range of sneakers that channels a distinctly contemporary heritage. The Swiss fashion house crafts its sneakers from luxury leather that will age beautifully, and accents them with design details like breathable perforations, stripes and contrast-colored panels. Read on for our Bally men’s sneakers buying guide, which will help you narrow down the styles that work for you as well as your most comfortable fit.
The Most Wanted Bally Sneakers
Bally Astel Sneakers
Bally’s Astel sneakers are made in Switzerland from luxurious calf leather, which is enhanced by the label’s signature contrast-colored stripe at the side. Set on a durable rubber sole, the low-cut silhouette comes complete with perforated detailing and a lace-up fastening for a secure fit. Metallic ‘Bally’ hardware and a brand-embossed tongue add a distinctive finish.
Bally Glendon Sneakers
Comfortable and simple to style, it is easy to see why Bally sneakers have such a cult following. Taking inspiration from an archival sneaker design, the label’s Glendon combines a nabuk calf leather construction with a hard-wearing rubber sole. A foamed insole provides extra cushioning, while reflective accents, perforations and a Bally Wings logo give the retro running silhouette added interest.
Bally Kuba Sneakers
Available in a variety of unique color combinations, Bally’s Kuba sneakers are crafted from grained calf leather and sit on a rubber sole and cushioned midsole for all-day comfort. The lace fastening makes it easy to adjust for a personalized fit, while the brand-detailed tongue and logo at the side give the retro style a unique reimagining.
The Bally Sneakers Sizing Guide
Unsure what size to take in Bally sneakers? The brand uses UK sizing on its labels, and you can use the below chart to find your corresponding US, European, Japanese and Chinese size.
For example, if you normally wear a men’s US 11 or EU 44, you should buy your Bally sneakers in a UK size 10.
How To Care For Your Bally Sneakers
Bally recommends following the below care advice to prolong the life of your sneakers:
• Dusting: Once you have removed your sneaker’s laces, add a shoe tree to maintain the shape as you clean. A boot brush can then be used to brush your shoes and remove any loose dirt.
• Cleaning: Use a soft, damp cloth to apply specialist leather or suede cleaner over your sneakers with circular movements.
• Nourishing the leather: Apply polishing wax with a soft, dry cloth, and ensure it is in a color darker than that of your sneakers to avoid highlighting the wear creases.
• Polishing and waterproofing: Finish by applying a waterproof suede or leather protector to your sneakers, for added protection against the elements when you’re next caught in the rain.
• Storing your sneakers: Sneakers should ideally be stored in a flannel dust bag and branded box, away from sunlight and heat sources.
- How can I tell if my Bally sneakers are real?
Bally sneakers will come with designer tags, and a branded dust bag and box. Authentic Bally shoes will be impeccably crafted, from the neat stitching to the logo-detailed insole. Bally products are sold by Bally retail and outlet stores, as well as authorized department stores, retailers and specialty stores.
- Are Bally sneakers true to size?
Generally, Bally sneakers fit true to size, and we would recommend taking your usual size. The brand also offers a wider fit in some styles, for those needing a little more space.
- Are Bally sneakers made in Italy?
No, the brand’s products are made in Switzerland and stay true to the skill and expertise fine Swiss craftsmanship is synonymous with.