Currently headed by fashion designer Stuart Vevers, Coach offers head-to-toe chic synonymous with an effortlessly cool New York style. The modern, American luxury brand has been a global leader in quality handbags, accessories and ready-to-wear apparel since its inception in 1941 and continues to produce iconic, feminine pieces. When you buy a Coach handbag, you're investing in a high quality, luxury brand whose designs reflect an ageless style built to last you for season after season. Cross body bags, satchels, totes and doctors bags can all be found in varying colors and shades of leather. Look for subtle updates each season, whether that's in the shape, color or with a subtle change in the design, for stylistic flairs that mirror the latest collection's mood. Coach bags have been designed to last so when you purchase one, do so knowing you will be enjoying it for years to come.
The Coach Shoulder Bag Buying Guide
The Most Wanted Coach Shoulder Bags
Coach’s Edie Shoulder Bags
The cult-classic Edie shoulder bag is a lightweight, functional shopper that’s perfect for those who want to stay organised at all times. It features a three-compartment interior as well as the signature Coach turnlock, and comes in beautiful yet durable pebble leather.
Coach’s Parker Bags
Crafted from luxurious leather and finished with timeless details, the Coach Parker Bags are sized to transition from day to night with ease. The style comes in a variety of shapes, sizes and colors, and will allow you to carry all your day to day essentials.
Coach’s Saddle Bags
Coach’s classic saddle bags will take you from season to season. Perfect as ab everyday accessory, they feature long straps that sit perfectly on the shoulder, and even come as belt bags for those who want to be completely hands free.
- How do I know my Coach bag is authentic?
The general quality of the craftsmanship (that is to say the material used, the stitching, the lining, the signature Coach pattern, and the brand name being correctly spelled) should be a good indication as to whether your Coach bag is authentic or not, but here are a few ways to know for sure:
• Check the authenticity tag. Current bags should come with a leather patch embossed on the inside, which should contain a serial number with letters and numbers. If no leather patch can be found, the serial number should be stamped on the inside and inked in a gold-tone ink.
• Coach bags never have the brand’s CC pattern both on the inside and the outside.
• Many Coach bags come with leather tags that are attached to the handle with a beaded chain, on which the logo should be raised.
• While it isn’t true for all Coach bags, many should also have the letters “YKK” engraved on the zipper pull. Depending on the bag design, the letters may be found on the interior zipper.
• Authentic Coach products are sold by Coach retail and outlet stores, as well as authorised department stores, retailers and specialty stores.
- How much is the average Coach bag?
Prices for Coach bags range from £93 for the Messenger Crossbody, which is crafted in crossgrain leather and comes in an array of colours, to £1,400 for the Rogue bag, which is hand painted and has been given added texture with snakeskin details. However, most Coach bags cost between £125 and £550. It is also important to note that some styles might vary in prices depending on retailers.
The popular Coach camera bag, for example, retails at £250, while the Edie shoulder bag retails, on average, at £375. The Coach Parker bag retails between £250 and £295 depending on the design, the Tabby shoulder bag retails at £295, and the Cassie cross body bag retails at £350.
- Are Coach bags made of leather?
Most Coach bags, such as the Tabby shoulder bag and the Central tote bag, come in leather. Some, like the Cassie crossbody and Evie backpack, are mostly made of canvas; some parts, such as the handles, may however be made of leather. Depending on the collections, some pieces may also come in a mix of both fabrics, while others can be made using suede, tweed, shearling or exotic leathers, like the Tabby shoulder bag, the Kat saddle bag and the Rogue bag. The leather used by Coach is either smooth or pebbled. While the former is beautifully shiny, the latter is more durable and won’t show off scuff marks as easily.