Established in 1993 as the sister line of the Italian fashion label Prada, Miu Miu's edgy and provocative take on current styles have made the brand a powerful force in its own right. Feminine and sophisticated, yet playful with a rebellious attitude, Miu Miu's collections continue to subvert expectations and experiments with contemporary fashions to create distinctive avant-garde pieces. A Miu Miu shoulder bag epitomizes this clash of influences and innovative designs. Pops of brights, metallic detailing and striking embellishments are symptomatic of the distinctive line. The perfect investment piece.
The Miu Miu Shoulder Bag Buying Guide
Miu Miu’s collection of shoulder bags demonstrates the label’s playful take on femininity. From simple canvas designs punctuated with the brand’s moniker, to wicker, matelassé and woven-leather pieces, Miu Miu creates bags that are destined to become closet favorites. Ahead, take a look at our Miu Miu shoulder bag buying guide, which will help you narrow down the style to invest in as well as tips on how to care for it properly.
The Most Wanted Miu Miu Shoulder Bags
Miu Miu’s City Shoulder Bags
Crafted from luxurious calf leather, Miu Miu’s City Shoulder Bag offsets its refined, pared-back design with a logo-detailed metal push-lock clasp. An adjustable leather shoulder strap allows for styling versatility, while the fabric-lined interior comes with a pocket with metal logo tag for any smaller essentials.
Miu Miu’s Matelasse Shoulder Bags
Whether you prefer slouchy bucket silhouettes or more structured heart, oval and rectangle-shaped styles, the range of Miu Miu Matelasse Shoulder Bags has something for every shopper. The soft folds are sculpted in Italy from premium leather and complemented with the house's logo. Choose from a wide selection of colors; from muted black and beige, to bold red, pink and blue options.
Miu Miu’s Confidential Shoulder Bags
Miu Miu’s coveted Confidential Shoulder Bag combines elegant design with the label’s irreverent edge. A refined metal push-lock clasp fastening accents the front, and opens to reveal an organized satin-lined interior with two compartments and a zip pocket. Wear over your shoulder or crossbody with the metal chain strap.
How To Care For Your Miu Miu Shoulder Bag
Miu Miu bags are often considered to be an investment piece that will last for years to come. Using your bag daily will subject it to its fair share of wear and tear, and it will need to be looked after properly to stand the test of time. We recommend the following tips to prolong the life of your Miu Miu bag.
- To prevent the lining of your bag from stains, ensure any hand cream, liquid, make-up or perfume is safely stored in a separate cosmetic pouch. If any accidental spillages occur, dab gently with a dry, white absorbent cloth.
- Avoid leaving your bag in direct sunlight or heat as this can cause discoloration, and prevent it from coming into contact with any abrasive surfaces. If you do spot any light scratches, gently massage with a soft, dry cloth.
- Never use newspaper as a filling as ink can transfer on to the lining of the bag, instead stuff your bag with acid-free tissue.
- Store your Miu Miu bag in the dust bag and box provided when not in use.
- How can I tell if my Miu Miu bag is authentic?
From the material used to the hardware, stitching, lining and logo, the general quality of your Miu Miu bag should be a good indication as to whether it is real or not. There are a few other ways to know for certain:
- The hardware on your bag should be of a high quality and not be tarnished. All logos will be spelt correctly, and will not be glued onto the bag.
- Miu Miu bags will come with a branded dust bag and product card, but do not come with an authenticity card or serial number. Therefore, a lack of an authenticity card and serial number is not a sign your bag is counterfeit.
- The outside zip will be detailed with ‘lampo’, while the inside zips are ‘riri’.
- Authentic Miu Miu shoulder bags will be sold by Miu Miu retail and outlet stores, as well as authorized department stores, retailers and specialty stores.
- Where are Miu Miu bags made?
Most of the brand’s bags are crafted in Italy, and remain true to the exceptional craftsmanship and use of premium materials that Miu Miu has become known for. Some Miu Miu bags are also produced in Turkey.
- Are Miu Miu bags worth it?
Miu Miu bags are always in demand thanks to their luxury look and feel. Iconic styles such as the Crystal and Coffer, as well as instantly recognizable designs made from matelassé leather, prove that a Miu Miu shoulder bag is resistant to passing trends.