Iconic French sportswear brand Le Coq Sportif is an expert in apparel and footwear. Dressing everyone from the French Olympic team to Wimbledon stars, the brand was the first to make the sweatsuit. Le Coq Sportif's sneaker selection is made for modern men. Accented with the label's motif, kicks range from low to mid to high-tops. All-white and all-black trainers are made for the court, canvas kicks are designed for every day and multicoloured versions will provide you with support and comfort on the track.
The Le Coq Sportif Sneakers Buying Guide
From the brand’s beginnings as a small workshop making sports jerseys in France’s Champagne region, Le Coq Sportif has since become renowned for its range of sporty sneakers that’s imbued with a simple, timeless quality. Expect low-top and high-top sneakers in both classic tennis and running silhouettes, and accented with the brand’s iconic rooster emblem. Ahead, take a look at our men’s Le Coq Sportif sneakers buying guide, which will help you narrow down the styles that work best for you and the size you should go for.
The Most Wanted Men’s Le Coq Sportif Sneakers
Le Coq Sportif Courtset Sneakers
Balancing classic and contemporary, the Le Coq Sportif’s Courtset sneakers are crafted from smooth leather and accented with everything from branded flat laces and logo detailing to a contrast-colored ‘Sportif’ moniker and perforations. Lined in soft textile, this pair comes with a comfortable insole and sits on a durable rubber sole. The Courtset is available in white, brown and black iterations.
Le Coq Sportif Nationale Sneakers
Showcasing a sleek, clean-lined aesthetic, save for a bold tricolore logo at the tongue and an embroidered logo at the heel, Le Coq Sportif’s Nationale sneakers will work with so many wardrobe combinations. Crafted from a choice of leather or canvas, the simple low-top silhouette is set on a rubber sole with a lining and insole made from breathable textile. The lace-up fastenings makes them easy to adjust for a comfortable fit.
Le Coq Sportif Omega Sneakers
Designed as part of the ‘Made in France’ collection, the brand’s Omega sneakers combine a cushioning rubber sole with a nylon, suede and leather upper. A modern take on a running shoe silhouette, this low-top pair features a lace fastening, debossed printed logo at the heel and a logo leather patch at the side. Lined is textile, it features a leather insole bearing the name and year the first OMEGA model launched.
The Men’s Le Coq Sportif Sneakers Sizing Guide
Le Coq Sportif uses European sizing for its range of men’s sneakers, and you can use the below chart to find your corresponding UK or US shoe size.
For example, if you typically wear a men’s UK size 9 or US 10, then you should take your Le Coq Sportif sneakers in a size 43.
How To Care For Your Le Coq Sportif Sneakers
The material that your Le Coq Sportif sneakers are made from will have an impact on the best way to maintain the original look and feel of them.
• Suede sneakers: Le Coq Sportif sneakers that are crafted from suede, or have suede panels across the upper, can be spot cleaned with a specialist suede cleaner and a soft bristle brush. We would also advise using a suede protector spray to prolong the life of your sneakers.
• Leather sneakers: We would recommend not washing any of your Le Coq Sportif sneakers in the washing machine or drying in the tumble dryer, and instead wipe with a soft, damp cloth or spot clean with a specialist leather cleaner.
• Canvas sneakers: The brand’s canvas designs can be washed in warm water with a mild detergent, but it is recommended that you do not submerge them fully in water to maintain the shape of your shoes. Let the sneakers air dry naturally, away from heat sources or direct sunlight light to protect them from discoloration and damage.
- Are Le Coq Sportif sneakers made in France?
Not all Le Coq Sportif sneakers are made in France, however all the styles produced in the ‘Made In France’ collection are. The sneakers that make up this collection are certain Blazon, Tennis and Classic Soft silhouettes, and all feature a logo and ‘MADE IN FRANCE’ printed on the tongue.
- How much do Le Coq Sportif sneakers cost?
Le Coq Sportif men’s sneakers range from £49 for the Verdon with its distinctive blue, white and red rubber insert in the sole, to £152 for the leather Blazon style, which is reworked as part of the collaboration with ARPIN, a French wool brand and features a ARPIN wool heel and debossed logo on the side.
- Do Le Coq Sportif sneakers fit true to size?
Although some styles can be considered ‘roomy’, Le Coq Sportif sneakers typically fit true to size.